Tuesday, December 7, 2010

~ Christmas time is here ~

We’ve had our first snow fall of the season and may be expecting more this weekend.  Christmas is definitely in the air so what better thing to do than decorate for Christmas right?  Our tree is up and I was planning on posting pics but I am having trouble getting them to come out clear. So instead I thought I would post some pictures of the ornaments I made for our tree.  They were not only easy to do but they were easy on the pocket book too, and that’s always a good thing!  By adding these ornaments & black and white checked ribbon to the glass ornaments I already had I was able to give our Christmas tree a French Country feel.  Take a look and see what you think.
                  ~The first two ornaments were plain frosted bulbs & transfer decals~  


~The next group were tags that I made using card stock
            Scisors used for detailed edges, transfer decals and ribbon ~  


~ The last one is silver string that was wrapped around a balloon, brushed with a water glue mixture and sprinkled with glitter. Once it dries pop the balloon & you have a sparkly sphere to nestle into the tree ~  





3 comments:

  1. What a simple project! I may do this as an extra activity at my cookie bake off and everyone can take them home as party favors...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! I hope you and your friends have as much fun making these ornaments as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    you have a very good eye. They are lovely.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    Happy decorating and crafting, and a happy and healthy New Year,
    Evi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! If you have a question or comment leave me a message and I will respond to you via email. Thanks!