Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Studio

I thought today I would show you my studio.  I have been working on it for the last few weeks trying to get everything in order and it's finally cleaned up enough where I am not ashamed to put pictures out here. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and through the process I neglected to take before pics!!  I will search my old pics to see if I can find some of how this room used to look and if I find any I will be sure to post them.                                     

    I have separate areas set up for sewing, crafting and blogging


Our first stop is the sewing area
Sewing is a new venture for me so I don't have many supplies but I am working on changing that

Old crates hang on the wall  and hold spools of ribbon and rolls of burlap
An old colander holds some of my scrap material


An old printer drawer hangs on the wall below the crates and holds thread ~ as you can see I don't have many but give me time and I am going to fill those little compartments up!! 
Below the printer drawer is my sewing table  and as you can see that is my sewing machine
isn't she pretty?

Jars hold vintage buttons and wood spools

I re-purposed a thrift store cup and saucer into a place to put my straight pins 


Next is my vintage dress form ~ I found her on Craigslist
The nice lady I bought her from found her at an outdoor market in France


She is wearing my Great Grandmothers Rosary 

Mr. MVB built the stand for her and she happily sits in front of my window along with a vintage tub and another printer drawer  ~  Above the window is a valance I made from book pages and twine

Next stop is my Craft Area where things get messy!!
The table is actually an old barn door ~ underneath the skirt are two sets of Ikea end tables They were sitting in our basement collecting dust so we affixed the pairs together so that they made two towers and then laid the table across the top of them.  This allows me to store a bunch of junk underneath. I would show you but believe me it's ugly under there!


The table holds jars with supplies that I like to keep within reach 
like my paint brushes and wire cutters 

Jars of string, twine and my numbers I have collected


A small bookshelf sits in the corner of the table and holds some of my other craft supplies 
like stamps

and glitter in vintage salt and pepper shakers

Last but definitely not least is my desk where I blog and feed my Pinterest addiction 
If you look closely at the picture to the right you can see my office assistant Mr. Rudy ~ he likes to make sure the shelves are in order and lets me know when things start to get too crowded for him

An old crate sits on top of my desk and holds jars with supplies in them
The top of the crate hold some of my keepakes


The books were my Grandfathers ~ they are old, fragile and I adore them! 
A teacup my mother in law gave me holds stamped clothespins 
I adore Dragonflies so this cup is a favorite of mine!

My Inspiration Board that holds family pictures and a couple of my late Aunts broaches  ~ the pictures in the frame portion of the board are actually printable pictures found at http://thevintagemoth.blogspot.com/

On top of the book shelf are some vintage finds ~ like
a vintage wire tree, fan, old scale, hat boxes and an old water cooler

and 
my little ballet slippers which really weren't so little 
 if you can't tell from the pic, I had huge feet even as a child! 

Until next time!














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! If you have a question or comment leave me a message and I will respond to you via email. Thanks!