Well if you all haven't heard by now let me tell ya... Google is making some changes and therefore Google Friend Connect will be extinct. That's right... Finished... Kaput... Finito.. Done! We only have until 3/1/12. If you are a follower of my blog or anyone elses blog for that matter, it's really important for you to make other "following arrangements". Blogger's love their followers and we sure don't want to lose ya! Sorry to say that is what will happen if you don't take action before 3/1. What should you do you? Well Blogger's everywhere are making changes to ensure you can still follow, all you have to do is go out to the blogs you want to continue following and choose another following gadget. I have listed the ones I use below.
- Bloglovin - it's super simple to sign up for and I am noticing this option popping up on blogs all over the place!
- Facebook - It's hard to find a blog that doesn't have a Facebook page! just click on the Facebook icon and you can start following through Facebook. Easy Peasy!!
- Follow via Reader - there are several readers listed you just choose the one you want to use
- Networkedblogs - another simple option for following blogs through an app in Facebook
- Email subscription- Enter your email address in the box and click submit. Super simple way to keep up with blog updates!
Time flies and if you are like me you probably have a long list of blog friends you want to keep in touch with so go get to clicking and I hope to see you all out there after March 1st!
** Correction above post ** Google Friend Connect will no longer be available for non blogger blogs, therefore the Google Friend Connect option is still available for following your favorite blogs if the blog is through Blogger. I have included a link with info from Google about the changes that are coming. http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-spring-cleaning-out-of-season.html